This is a really easy recipe. You only need two main ingredients to make this. Yep. Chicken and lemongrass.
How much more easy can it get?
About an hour before I wanted to cook the dish, I marinated the chicken with salt, bicarbonate of soda, egg white and corn flour.
I also finely shredded the lemongrass after removing the tough outermost layers.
In a pot, I added clean vegetable oil. Once heated, I added the chicken pieces and fried them until they were cooked through and golden brown. Then the chicken pieces were placed on kitchen towels to drain and set aside.
Once all the chicken pieces had been cooked, I added water, fish sauce, sugar and lemongrass into my wok, and turned the heat up.
When the water started to boil, I added all the chicken, turned the heat to medium and cooked until the liquid was fairly dry. (You will need to stir the chicken occasionally.)
And the dish is done! 🙂
Lemongrass Chicken (Serves 4-6)
Loosely adapted from Authentic Homestyle Cuisine by K.S.Lee
1 chicken, cut into pieces
6 pieces lemongrass, trimmed and finely shredded
1 1/2 cups water
3 tbs sugar
3 tbs fish sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 egg whites
6 tbs cornflour
1. Marinate chicken about an hour before cooking. Set chicken aside in fridge.
2. Trim and finely shred lemongrass.
3. Fry chicken in batches in hot oil until cooked through and golden brown. Drain on kitchen towels and set aside.
4. Add water, sugar, fish sauce and lemongrass into wok. Bring water to a boil.
5. Add chicken, turn heat to medium and cook until the liquid is fairly dry. Stir occasionally.
6. Serve hot.
I am submitting this recipe for Cook-Your-Books hosted by Kitchen Flavours.