I confess. When I first stumbled across this recipe and saw the title, I smirked. Well, it does sound a little corny, does it not?
Then I read the list of ingredients. And my smirk sort of got wiped out a little.
Finally, I decided to have a go at making it because, well because how wrong can chicken with Parmesan go?
As I took my first bite of this chicken, I was no longer smirking.
For something that took me all of 15 minutes to put together, it is freaking good!!
Here’s what you do to make this dish.
Then you can come join me in my heroine [chicken] addiction.
The first thing to do is to pour the pre-packed grated cheese into a bowl or plate.
Then measure the parsley, oregano, paprika, and pepper.
And mix them.
Once your chicken is ready (ie, trimmed of skin, fat and strange bits), add the spices to the cheese. And mix!
Dip the chicken in the melted butter, making sure that both sides are well-coated.
Then place the chicken pieces on the cheese + spices, and coat them well.
The chicken pieces were placed on a lined (with foil) casserole dish, and baked uncovered.
Once the chicken was cooked through, I served them immediately, with coucous and salad, or rice, or pasta.
Try making these babies.
And see if you, too, become an addict.
- 2 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 pieces cross-wise and lightly pounded with a mallet so you get 4 pieces in total
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 100g melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the grated cheese and the seasonings.
- Line a shallow baking pan with foil. (Do not omit this step, or you'll still be scrubbing the pan for days!).
- Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the butter, and then into the seasoned cheese, coating well.
- Arrange in the foil lined pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through.