I’ve been twiddling my thumbs, waiting and waiting for August to arrive because for this entire month, I shall be hosting the Little Thumbs Up event organised by Zoe from Baking for Kids and Doreen of my little favourite DIY.
I have chosen Flour as the theme ingredient for this month.
Flour is an essential ingredient in my (and I am sure, many of your) kitchen. It is the base of pastas and noodles, cakes and biscuits, or even as thickening agents in the making of a roux. The list of food items made using flour is endless.
As such, we will be limiting the theme to mainly Wheat Flour, namely,
1. All-Purpose (also known as Plain) Flour
2. Bread Flour
3. Cake Flour
4. Self-raising Flour
5. Pastry Flour
6. Wholemeal Flour
7. Hong Kong (also known as Waterlily) Flour
8. Superlite Flour
9. Top Flour
You must use one of these flours in its raw form in your recipe and you must use at least 1 tablespoon or 10g of one (or more) of these flours in your cooking.
To join the linky party, simply cook or bake any recipe using one (or more) of the flours from the list above. It can be your own original recipes, or a recipe from a cookbook, magazine or a website. You can submit as many posts as you wish to this thumbnail.
Please note, however, that
1. Your submission must be one that is posted in August 2014.
2. You mention the following, This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from the Domestic Goddess Wannabe at the end of your post.
3. You display the Little Thumbs Up badge in your post.
4. The last day of submission to this event is 31 August 2014.
It would be great if you can visit the blogs from the link and leave a comment.