Do you like Nutella?
For the longest time, we called it Nut-ella. Then one day I discovered it was pronounced Nu-tella. I felt so misled.
But it does not change my love for Nutella. When I was a kid I would eat it straight from the jar with a spoon.
Now, don’t pretend you didn’t do that either! 😀
Today I had some time in the afternoon so I decided I would bake some cookies.
I rummaged through my list of to-bake recipes (this list is a little like Mary Poppin’s bag – there seems to be endless number of recipes in the stack) and found this recipe and it seemed like a really good idea to make some of these cookies!
Anyway, I am over the moon because as most of you (especially if you have liked my facebook page) already know, my blog has been selected as one of the finalist in the Best Cooking Blog category in this year’s Singapore Blog awards.
I just want to say a heart-felt thank you to all of you who have supported this blog, and who have tried my recipes and have liked them!
I am also very touched and encouraged by the number of readers who have sent me messages to let me know that you shall be casting a vote for my blog! Thank you so much!! 🙂
If you’d like cast that vote for my blog – voting should start around noon today (mucho, mucho gracias!), please click on the link below and vote for me under Best Cooking Blog!
Anyway, back to talking about baking. 🙂
Here’s how to bake these cookies!
In a mixing bowl, I creamed together butter and brown sugar until the mixture turned light and fluffy.
Into this, I added the egg, Nutella and vanilla extract.
And beat some more.
Once this was well-mixed, I added the flour, baking soda and salt in 3 additions, mixing well after each addition.
Finally, I added chocolate chips and mixed to combine.
The cookie dough was chilled in the fridge for at least an hour.
Then I dished them onto the baking trays using an ice-cream scoop, and baked them!
Once baked, they were left to cool on the trays for about 10 minutes before I transferred them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
If you are a Nutella fan, you’d love these cookies!!
Crunchy and chewy and chocolaty.
- 1/2 cup (113.5g) butter, salted, at room temperature - I used unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (112.5g) caster sugar - I omitted this
- 1 cup (100g) cake flour
- 1/2 cup (62.5g) plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (15ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (64g) Nutella
- 1/8 teaspoon salt - I used 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (130g) semi sweet chocolate chips - I used Ghirardelli 60%
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176.6°C).
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl beat butter until soft, about one minute
- Add in sugars and beat for an additional 2-3 minutes or until soft and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla, egg and Nutella. Mix together well.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just incorporated.
- Add in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8 minutes