Since the new year started, I have been extra busy because I have started teaching regularly again. I hadn’t realised it, but it has been a while since I baked anything else other than cakes!
So today, I am sharing a recipe for a super duper easy peasy cookie. You don’t even need a mixer to make these.
I have been making these cookies for like, forever.
Funny thing is, I had not thought about blogging about this until today, especially since this is so easy to put together.
Plus, it is gluten-free.
The best part is though, is that it tastes great – super chocolaty and crunchy with lots of peanuts!
To make this cookie, all you need to do is to add sugar, peanut butter, cocoa powder and egg into a bowl.
Then simply mix until everything was combined. I started off using a balloon whisk but the bits kept getting stuck in my whisk. It drove me crazy. Then I remembered I had a Danish dough whisk. Brilliant!!!! No more stuck bits!
I added the chocolate chips and mixed.
Using an ice cream scoop, I dished out balls of dough. If you do not have an ice cream scoop, use your hands and roll the dough into balls (roughly the size of a golf ball). These were placed on baking paper or Silpat baking mats.
Then using a fork, I pressed down gently on the dough, and repeat from the opposite direction.
The cookies were baked, then allowed to cool on the trays for 1-2 minutes before I transferred them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Bring out the milk.
And you may want to bake more of these cookies. They disappear really quickly!
- 1 cup extra chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Stir together the peanut butter, sugar, cocoa powder and egg.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. (Roll into 1" balls with your hands, if you do not have a scoop.)
- Press down with the back of a fork and then press again from the opposite direction, to form the crisscross pattern on top.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then let cool on the tray for 1-2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store in an airtight container.