My dear readers,
I have been selected to take part in the Philips noodle challenge!
Well, Philips has basically picked a group of bloggers and challenged us to create an original dish using the Philips Avance Noodle Maker AND a secret ingredient – LEMON!
It was all going very well until I saw “LEMON”. Oh man. That is definitely not an easy ingredient.
After thinking and pondering for a week, I finally decided to make this dish – basically it is a stir-fried tom yum seafood noodle dish that is made with lemon noodles.
What started as an experiment ended up with a plate of noodles that was so freaking good, I wanted to eat the entire bowl of noodles all by myself!
It was so, so worth the wait.
If you’d like to try making this, here’s how!
First, make the noodles. I added an egg to the measuring cup with lemon juice and topped this up with water.
The flour was added into the noodle maker, before I added the liquid. To see step-by-step photos on how to make noodles using the Philips Avance Noodle Maker, see here.
7 minutes later, I had a batch of lemon noodles all ready to be cooked. Before frying the noodles with the tom yum paste and other ingredients, blanch the noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes before draining them.
In a hot wok, add vegetable oil and sliced red onions. Stir fry this for 2 minutes, until the onions have softened, then add lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.
Add tom yum paste and stir to mix.
Add the prawns, squid, fish cake and mushrooms. Give everything a stir to mix.
Then add prawn broth. For a step-by-step guide on how to make the prawn broth, see here.
Add the noodles and fry for about 2 minutes so that the noodles can absorb the flavors.
I topped the noodles with sliced chili and fried shallots.
And there you have it – a delicious plate of seafood tom yum noodles.
I tell you, this is oh-so-good. Am I repeating myself? Sorry.. but it is THAT good! 😛
I wish I could make this for you to try. 😀
Since I can’t make this for so many people, I guess the next best thing is to host a giveaway!
Here’s how it works:
Philips is giving away a complimentary 6-piece set of kitchen utensils to one of the readers of thedomesticgoddesswannabe. Simply “LIKE” and “Share” my post on Facebook and leave a comment with your email address on the same Facebook post so I can contact you should you be the winner!
Note that even if I do not win the friendly “challenge”, one of my readers will still win a set of kitchen utensils consisting of:
1. Flexible Turner
2. Slotted Spoon
3. Slotted Turner
5. Spaghetti Server
6. Solid Spoon
7. Rotating Stand to hang all the tools
The contest ends 12 January 2015. Philips will deliver the kitchen tools to the winner’s address.
Disclaimer: Thedomesticgoddesswannabe was given one set of Philips Avance Noodle Maker for review purposes. No other compensation was received.
This post is linked to Little Thumbs Up organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Anne from My Bare Cupboard.
- 1 cup plain flour (according to measurement on cup provided with noodle machine)
- 1 egg + 3 tablespoons lemon juice + water (according to measurement on cup provided with noodle machine)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white tender parts only, smashed
- 5-6 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2-3 tablespoons tom yum paste, according to taste
- 6 prawns, veins removed
- 1 large squid, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large piece fishcake, thinly sliced
- 6 large champignon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup prawn broth
- 1 large chili, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fried shallot
- Add flour and liquid (egg + lemon juice + water) to machine.
- Mix for 7-8 minutes.
- Blanch noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a hot wok, add vegetable oil and sliced red onions. Stir fry this for 2 minutes, until the onions have softened, then add lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves.
- Add tom yum paste and stir to mix.
- Add the prawns, squid, fish cake and mushrooms. Give everything a stir to mix.
- Add prawn broth and the noodles and fry for about 2 minutes so that the noodles can absorb the flavors.
- Garnish the noodles with sliced chili and fried shallots.
- Serve immediately.
- Blanch the noodles just before you are ready to stir-fry them.