I have been as busy as a bee for weeks.
Yes, that is why I have been rather quiet on the blog front.
But hey, I have 685 (i just checked!) posts in this blog, and that is A LOT of recipes for you to refer to when you need some ideas on what/how to cook!
No matter how busy I am, I do try to cook dinner everyday if I can.
This means I usually rely (quite heavily) on one-pot meals.
And today, I am sharing my recipe for easy-peasy chicken rice. This is a one-pot meal that is cooked in a rice cooker. Rice cooker meals are great because the food is kept warm till you are ready to eat!
Add some home-made achar (Thanks Adeline!) and chili, and this is a meal to drool over any day!
Tefal’s Advanced Spherical Pot Rice Cooker is not only advanced. It is also totally cute!
The innovative spherical pot is angled at 62° to encourage even heat circulation and this means that every grain of rice is evenly cooked!
Let me show you how easy it is to cook tasty chicken rice using this amazing rice cooker!
Rub the chicken with Shaoxing wine. Set this aside.
Tie the pandan leaves into a knot and place it at the bottom of the pot. Wash the rice, drain, and add this on top of the pandan leaves. Set this aside.
In a frying pan, saute ginger, garlic and coriander roots in the oil until fragrant.
Add this to the rice. (If you are pressed for time, you can skip the pan-frying and add these ingredients to the rice directly.)
Season with salt.
Add chicken stock and lay the chicken on top of the rice.
Cook until the chicken is cooked through (the juices from the chicken should run clear). Remove the chicken and ginger/ garlic/ coriander roots and fluff the rice.
Serve hot, with chili and vegetables if you wish!
See how succulent the chicken is! The Tefal Advanced Spherical Pot Rice Cooker is not just great for cooking the perfect rice; the meat remains juicy when cooked too! I am definitely well-pleased with how well this rice cooker works and I shall be using it to cook many more easy-peasy one-pot meals in the near future!
You can cook nutritious and delicious meals even when you are busy because Tefal is giving away ONE Advanced Spherical Pot Rice Cooker to one lucky reader of The Domestic Goddess Wannabe!
To take part in this giveaway contest, simply complete the Rafflecopter below!*a Rafflecopter giveaway
*1 winner will be picked to win one set of a Tefal Advanced Spherical Pot Rice Cooker An email will be sent to the winner to notify him/her of the win. Should a reply not be received within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. The rice cooker will be delivered to the winner by Tefal upon receipt of the confirmation email. This contest is opened to only residents of Singapore.
- 4 pieces chicken drumstick (or other chicken parts)
- 1 piece ginger (about 3cm), skin removed and sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, skin removed
- 4-5 pieces coriander roots, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pieces panda leaves
- 2 cups rice
- 2-2.5 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
- Salt, to taste
- Rub the chicken with Shaoxing wine. Set this aside.
- Tie the pandan leaves into a knot and place it at the bottom of the pot. Wash the rice, drain, and add this on top of the pandan leaves. Set this aside.
- In a frying pan, saute ginger, garlic and coriander roots in the oil until fragrant.
- Add this to the rice.
- Season with salt.
- Add chicken stock and lay the chicken on top of the rice.
- Cook until the chicken is cooked through (the juices from the chicken should run clear). Remove the chicken and ginger/ garlic/ coriander roots and fluff the rice.
- Serve hot, with chili and vegetables if you wish!
Disclaimer: While this post was brought to you by Tefal, The Domestic Goddess Wannabe is in love with the Tefal Advanced Spherical Pot Rice Cooker that I have received and I hope that you are also inspired to cook some great dishes with this fabulous rice cooker!